(Velpar® DF, Velpar® 20G)
- non-selective, kills everything in the upper root zone
- almost entirely root absorbed, acts like a soil sterilant
- non-volatile but liquid formulation can lose its solvent by evaporation
- low toxicity to animals. Long term soil residue, and very soluble, moves with soil water so can kill plants off-site after rain. Apply with care. Replant sites only after seedlings appear naturally
- used to kill stubborn perennials (eg bamboo)
- available from agricultural supply stores.